Furniture Cover Fabrics
Slipcover Fabrics FAQs
To ensure SureFit only delivers the highest quality products, all our slipcover fabrics undergo the most rigorous laboratory test in-house. As a result, all materials considered for our covers must pass or surpass our industry-setting standards to be included in our product selection. We adhere to the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) standards in these slipcover fabrics areas:
- Shrinkage (or dimensional stability) – We only accommodate 5% shrinkage to ensure the best fit even wash after wash of the fabric
- Appearance after washing – We check and recheck the standard color of slipcover fabrics to ensure their color stays true even after washing several times
- Crocking – We test for crocking or colorfastness to ensure your colors can’t be physically rubbed off the slipcover fabrics. This also means its colors won’t on your furniture or clothing.
- Seam Strength – We use industry-standard tensile equipment to pull at the product’s seams to ensure they hold strong. We feature a patented design for the elastic in our seat seams, so they easily tuck under your cushions and stay in place.
- Stretch Test – We test the ability of our fabrics to stretch as well as their ability to recover. We ensure these meet the consistency of the best stretch fabrics today.
SureFit has led the way in design and manufacturing innovations in the home textile industry since 1914. We continue to make huge strides daily in ensuring our slipcover fabrics set the standard for our industry from keeping our colors and shape consistent. As a result, we’ve developed a state-of-the-art color matching system and tensile technology to deliver the superior quality SureFit takes great pride in. All our seams and furniture cover feature a thoughtful high-end straddle stitched detailing found in luxury furnishings. Our name is synonymous with the best quality in furniture slipcovers that give you the in-demand custom upholstered look minus the cost and hassle.
How do you care for your furniture cover?
SureFit furniture slipcover fabrics are easy to clean and maintain. All our covers are designed and manufactured to be machine washable with very few exceptions. As a result, you can do away with spills, stains, dust, and dirt without further hassle. You can find individual “how to care for” instructions for each kind of furniture cover in our catalog.
Visit our Styling Tips to learn how to remove wrinkles from your furniture cover. The best way is to put the cover in the dryer with a damp cloth and tumble for ten minutes. We also test for ironing in our in-house lab - refer to the care label to see if a warm iron can be used on your cover.